It’s time to lighten things up a bit on this blog. I have been tagged by Eva @ The Paperback Princess to participate in the TBR Book Tag. Since my blog is mostly reviews, it’s fun to branch off sometimes when I get a chance. It’s always interesting to hear what other people/bloggers have on their TBR pile.
The only rules are to answer the questions, then tag some more people (if you want). Pretty easy.
1. How do you keep track of your TBR Pile? I have a big pile of books that I want to read next, and a big pile of books that I want to read soon-ish. Because I’m a mood reader, these are often interchangeable, and sometimes I ignore them completely for library books. I also keep track of books I want to read in a notebook – I have many, many pages filled with titles I want to read someday. Sigh.
2. Is your TBR mostly print or e-book? It is all print!
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next? Whichever one I feel like reading next. Sometimes I know exactly what I want next, but sometimes I spend time reading the backs and flipping through them before I can decide. If I have a book due back at the library, that one usually gets priority over the books I own. I also try to put review books ahead of my own, but if I’m really not in the mood for one at the time, I let myself wait a bit. In the long run, it pays off to wait until I’m in the right mood for the right book.
4. A book that’s been on your TBR the longest? My piles get changed around so much that I have no idea which one’s been there the longest, but one of the longest might be Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann.
5. A book you recently added to your TBR? I recently added The Nymph and the Lamp to my pile, because I thought it was time for a re-read.
6. A TBR on your list strictly because of it’s beautiful cover? Judge a book by its cover? Never!
7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading? I plan to read them all!
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for? A Measure of Light by Beth Powning, coming out in March. I loved The Sea Captain’s Wife, and I’m hoping this will be just as good.
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you? Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
10. A book on your TBR list that everyone recommends to you? Eowyn Ivey’s The Snow Child.
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read? All of them! That’s not a fair answer, I know, but my mood changes so much that the answer I give you today might not be my answer tomorrow.
12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf? 220, but that doesn’t include all the books I have written down in my little notebook; 51 pages @ 16 lines per page = I think I’m in trouble.
Whoever feels like having a little fun and answering these questions, I tag you!