Hosted by Charleen at It’s a Portable Magic.
The last time I participated in Library Checkout was April 2016, right before our library closed for several months to move to a new location. It’s now bigger and more beautiful than ever before (it wasn’t very big or beautiful before, but is now quite beautiful). I’ve been using it a lot since it re-opened in November, but have yet to get back into the habit of documenting it.
Both ice rink photos courtesy of the local paper.
Library Books Read:
- Lemon by Cordelia Strube (my review)
- Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera (because of Naz)
- The Break by Katherena Vermette (Canada Reads, my review)
- The World More Full of Weeping by Robert J. Wiersema (because of BIP, review to come)
- Even This Page is White by Vivek Shraya (poetry, because of Laura)
- Company Town by Madeline Ashby (Canada Reads, review to come)
- Nostalgia by M.G. Vassanji (Canada Reads)
Checked out, to be read:
- Steal Away Home by Karolyn Smardz Frost
- The Wind Seller by Rachael Preston (Halifax Explosion project)
- The Spinning Heart by Donal Ryan (Reading Ireland Month)
- Octopus by Patrick Warner (poetry)
- Delusions of Gender by Cordelia Fine (Doing Dewey’s NF Book Club)
- The Right To Be Cold by Sheila Watt-Cloutier (Canada Reads)
- Duke by Sara Tilley
- Arguments with the Lake by Tanis Rideout (poetry)
- Double Talk by Partrick Warner
- a few others that I don’t remember
- After James by Michael Helm
- Baloney by Maxime Raymond Bock
- The Last Neanderthal by Claire Cameron
- Mitzi Bytes by Kerry Clare
- Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler (Literary Wives)
Have you read any good library books lately?