Hosted by Shannon at River City Reading.
I wasn’t planning to do any of these this year, because I was going to cut way down on library use and read my own damn books. But…
My excuses? I blame Kay, Carolyn and TJ for Our Souls at Night, and Susan for Elephant Winter, both of which are still unread. Canada Reads gets the blame for Birdie (my review) and Sitting Practice (still unread). Terry Fallis gets the blame for All Inclusive (review to come). And, I’m holding Cathy responsible for Instructions For A Heatwave (currently reading).
Sadly, Pillow and This Cake is For the Party had to go back unread (this time).
I also picked up a lot of books for the kids, hoping that it would help deter me from going into the adult end of the library. This tactic did work a couple of times, and I will be using it again. Unfortunately, though, there are a couple of books that I got for my daughter that I also want to read while they’re here (We Are All Made of Molecules and A Monster Calls). She also loved Library of Souls. They won’t take long, right?
Last, but not least, I took out a few books by poet Rita Joe (yes, I am even going to try to read them!).
Still on hold:
- The Motorcyclist by George Elliott Clarke (my own fault, for Reading Atlantic Canada)
- The Piano Maker by Kurt Palka (same)
- Ballroom by Anna Hope (I’ll blame this one on the many wonderful book bloggers who live across the Atlantic ocean.)
- Chrysalis: Maria Sibylla Merian and the Secrets of Metamorphosis by Kim Todd (the blame for this one goes to Katie at Doing Dewey)
- Minister Without Portfolio by Michael Winter (Canada Reads)
- Fallen Land by Taylor Brown (I think I put this on hold after reading Kerry’s review at Entomology of a Bookworm, but I’ve already forgotten what it’s about.)